Thursday, October 19, 2006

Combat boots and stinky spray

We have geared up and are ready to leave for the Woodlands Friends of the Library sale. We find that a lot of the sellers prepare by not bathing for at least a week. Last time, my toes got stomped. So this time with combat boots and cheap perfume, I'm ready for anything!

Judith Ann

2 comments:

Rebeccaleta said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes!

JWil said...

We're back! We survived the FOL sale! They didn't advertise it on booksale finder this time, so there weren't as many people there. They had two huge uniformed police this time, so it wasn't as rowdy, either. I had one instance of books being taken from my bag, but I saw it in time and yelled, and they said excuse me. The most discouraging thing was the head volunteer said that they had THROWN AWAY a lot of books this time so that they would have room to put them out on the tables. LIBRARIANS ARE THE BIGGEST DESTROYERS OF BOOKS!! Rebecca, we found three Stephen King 1st editions. Can't remember the titles right now. We are so tired we hardly know our names. And the sale goes on until 9 PM...don't know how they do it.

I also found an Oriana Fallaci. Judd's doctor collects those. A ballet book. An Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged that appears to be a 5th printing of the 1st edition worth about $50 - $75.

We'll have a better idea of our coup tomorrow. Right now we're hungry!

Judith Ann